Experience Portland Wine Tasting
Yamhill Carlton AVA
Hood River and the Columbia Gorge
- Viento Viento is Spanish for "wind," and reflect the constant vibrancy of the wind and life in the Columbia River Gorge. Established in 1986, Viento celebrates the art of winemaking with respect for tradition and a personal style, resulting in wines of balance, softness, and wonderful flavors. With its modern industrial architecture and knowledgeable staff, this stunning tasting room is a perfect place to begin your wine adventures in Hood River.
- Syncline Winery Located in the Lyle wine country, 11 miles from the Hood River, Syncline Winery crafts wines of great character with a sense of singular identity and connection to the land. Taste, stroll in the vineyard, enjoy a relaxed picnic on the working farmstead, and enjoy complimentary tours of our estate vineyard and winery. Stop by our front desk to get your certificate for a complimentary wine tasting for 2 and a 10% discount on wine purchases.
- COR Cellars Located 11 miles from Hood River, COR Cellars produces wines with character and personality from the Columbia River's most distinguished vineyards. They produce Alsatian and Friulian varietals from the Columbia Gorge and Bordeaux varietals from the Columbia Valley and Horse Heaven Hills. Stop by the vibrant tasting room with Mt. Hood views, a fireplace, and a wildflower-filled courtyard, and sip away with our 2 for 1 wine tasting certificate.
- Stave & Stone Winery Come to downtown Hood River and sample award-winning wines with personality, from a flirty Riesling to a bold Cabernet. Relax with a glass of wine in the tasting room and enjoy live music on Friday nights. They also offer beer, cider and artisan cheese plates and dessert specials.
- Boda's Kitchen Stop by this specialty market and deli in the heart of downtown Hood River, specializing in gourmet comfort food with locally sourced goods. The market offer local wine, beer and cider to pair with your meal. Dine in or grab lunch to-go and head to Hood River's beautiful waterfront or to one of the nearby wineries.
McMinnville and Dundee
Take the hour's drive south from Portland to the impossibly charming town of McMinnville. Stroll down picturesque Third Street, which could double as a movie backdrop. Join savvy Portlanders and escape to McMinnville for a relaxing day or weekend
Dubbed as the "Heart of Oregon Wine Country," McMinnville offers world-class wineries specializing in Pinot Noirs. Pack your day-trip bags for a delicious Portland wine getaway.
- Coeur de Terre Coeur de Terre is a charming winery nestled in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley. With its picturesque vineyards and a focus on sustainable farming, Coeur de Terre offers a delightful wine tasting experience and a true taste of the region's terroir.
- Methven Methven Family Wines is famous for boutique wines including Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Gamay Noir and Pinot Noir. The 2013 Gamay Noir was a "Best of Show" winner at the 2015 Portland Seafood & Wine Festival.
- Zerba Cellars Tasting Room Zerba Cellars is a family-owned, estate winery in the heart of the Walla Walla Valley. Explore the estate vineyards and sample wines with character, complexity, and balance.
- Dobbes Tasting Room Try the flights and sample five wines. Compare and contrast while you learn about acclaimed wines including Chardonnay, Viognier, Grenache Blanc, Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Port.
- Red Hills Market Located in the heart of Oregon wine country, Red Hills Market is the gathering place for local farmers, chefs, and winemakers. Enjoy the bountiful fruit of local farms and stop at the vibrant restaurant offering locally sourced sandwiches, wood-fired pizzas, salads, soups, and seasonal dishes.